Sunday 14 June 2015

Potter's Arf Marathon 2015


Jason Wang and I entered this years Potters Arf Marrathon at Stoke On Trent. A 13.1 mile race on a very hilly course (as I've found out later).

I woke up at 7am on race day to just to eat and get ready for the drive down to Stoke-On-Trent. The journey was quite straightforward and only took 1hour 10 mins. Parking was easy to find and only cost me £1.50 at the Intu Pottery shopping centre.


Here we can see the finish line and meeting place for the start of the race.




Race start was at 10:30am, I had a good hour to mingle with the people of Stoke-On-Trent and find out where bag storage and toilet facilities were located.

About a few minutes into the race, Jason starts to pull away! I kept it steady and raced my own time trying to beat my half marathon PB.

A video of Jason @3:30 and myself @4:15:-



At around mile 2 on Victoria road you can just about spot my head!



At mile 5, Divity Rd to Bentilee.



At mile 11, just before heart break hill.




More information on heart break hill here:-

stokesentinel.co.uk/Heartbreak-hill-isn-t-Arf-bad-support

At Mile 13, town bridge, nearly there!




Me at 58sec into the clip!

Mile 13 Town Bridge @58sec


Near the finish line.



Finished!




Race Summary on endomondo




Official chip time: 1hr 46mins and 19 secs.



Our medals.



On reflection, I was pretty happy with my performance as it was unlikely that I would dip under 1hr 45min for the silver medal on such a hilly course with the amount of training I had.



No comments:

Post a Comment