Saturday 2 May 2009

The Glyderau.2007-2009



Note: Glyderau is pronounced as Gl udd er aye.

My first 3000 footer of the Glyderau range, the mighty TRYFAN. 915m or 3002ft, it sits right next to the A5 road. I'll be approaching it from the North Ridge for a sustained scramble to the summit.


A long way up to summit!

Looking back down, a lot of height gain in such a short distance.

Looking across you can see the Idwal cottage carpark flanked by Y Garn, Foel Goch and Pen yr Ole Wen on the right
My 10 sec timer was just enough!

3 points of contact time!
Someone doing the Adam and Eve Leap of faith!
South side of Tryfan.

Onwards to Bristly Ridge.


Glyder Fach : 994m



The Cantilever Stone.

Castle of The Winds.


Y Garn : 947m


On my way to Elidir Fawr, my first ever ascent of this mountain and I could see the summit is free from cloud cover!


Elidir Fawr: 924m

Marchlyn Mawr resevoir.

Summit of Elidir Fawr.
I have the summit to myself in this direction.

A bit of flora shot near Lyn Idwal.

On the way back to Idwal Cottage.


Back to Start.


No comments:

Post a Comment