Monday 4 May 2009

Snowdon Massif 2009



Ok guys, here's a quick post of our trip to Snowdon today!
Mike(from the walkingforum uk) and I did Crib-Goch and Snowdon this morning, but only half the horseshoe completed, I'll explain later.
Weather forecast for the day:-
Cloudy, increasingly windy, with occasional outbreaks of rain, becoming more persistence on the western side of the area after midday.
Accuracy:- 95%!
Afro I would change occasional to unrelenting outbreaks of rain.
Overall:- Good day, the scrambling was very enjoyable and challenging in the wet! Windy but not suicidally windy on the Crib. My achilles tendon was fine, no probs but I had an awful stomach upset which spoilt it a bit for me hence only 0.5 of the horseshoe done. Credit to MIke for putting up with me.
Also the traffic on the way back on the A55 was horrendous!
Sorry, no pics, our camera would have been waterlogged!

I'll get some good pics up on my next trip in better weather conditions! Hopefully that will be next week!
Oh yes, I can't believe they now charge £6 for parking at the pen y pass carpark!

No comments:

Post a Comment